Thursday, February 15, 2007
THE MORNING AFTER
It's funny (peculiar, not ha ha), even though I am really sour on romance, and relationships beyond purely physical, easily my favorite movie genre is Romantic Comedy. I am such a sucker for chick flicks! So in honor of St. Valentines Day, here is my all time favorites list!
1. Benny and Joon (Johnny Depp, Mary Stuart Masterson, Aiden Quinn)
2. Green Card (Andie Mc Dowell, Gerard Depardeau, Bebe Neuwirth)
3. Four Weddings and a Funeral (Hugh Grant, Andie McDowell)
4. Bye Bye Love (Paul Reiser, Mathew Modine, Randy Quaid, Janeane Garafalo, Amy Brenneman, Eliza Dushku, Rob Reiner
5. Fifty First Dates (Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore, Rob Schneider)
6. Doc Hollywood (Michael J. Fox, Julie Warner, Woody Harrelson, Bridget Fonda)
7. Murphy's Romance ( James Garner, Sally Field)
8. As Good As it Gets (Jack Nicholson, Helen Hunt, Greg Kinnear)
9. McClintock (John Wayne, Maureen O'Hara) this may be the funniest of the bunch
10. Breakfast At Tiffanys (Audry Hepburn, George Peppard)
11. The Englisman Who Went Up A Hill But Came Down A Mountain (Hugh Grant, Tara Fitsgerald, Colm Meany)
12. It Can Happen To You (Nicolas Cage, Bridget Fonda, Rosie Perez)
13. The Truth About Cats and Dogs (Janeane Garofalo, Uma Thurman, Ben Chaplin)
14. When Harry Met Sally (Billy Crystal, Meg Ryan)
15. She's All That (Freddie Prinz Jr., Racheal Leigh Cook)
16. Singles (Bridget Fonda, Kyra Sedgwick, Sheila Kelly, Matt Dillon, Bill Pullman, James Le Gros)
17. Father Of The Bride (Steve Martin, Diane Keaton)
18. Roman Holiday (Gregory Peck, Audrey Hepburn)
19. His Girl Friday (Cary Grant, Rosiland Russell)
2o. Roxanne (Steve Martin, Daryl Hannah, Rick Rossovich)
Great list, though. I love As Good As It Gets, Singles, and Roxanne. I'd add Amelie and High Fidelity.
I love "The Mirror Has Two Faces".
L loves romantic comedy too. He can't watch Father of the Bride without getting teary; Daddy's little girl, you know. ;)
Your list is missing our favorite: Must Love Dogs.
V-day? I second UWL's opinion!
Valentines day was weird here, my wife has been mad at me for weeks now...all I said was "get off my back". She is and, off my front too. Women who can figure 'em?
Like Water for Chocolate--Mexican film
agree with dbacks nomination for High Fidelity.
Good choices, Mark--never pegged you for a romantic-film buff.
Dan is the fan of romantic chick flicks. I could do without. The exception is Love Story, but I can't bring myself to watch Oliver's Story.
Do you know if it's true that Love Story was based on Al Gore? I heard that somewhere.